Find out how you can...
- Make a lasting, positive difference to the life of a child from home.
- Achieve an amazing quality of life.
- Be valued.
- Work in a positive and happy environment.
- Enjoy a worthwhile career.
- Personally grow and develop.
- Receive an income which could provide you with independence from employers.
Fostering is a professional role and career path, where you and your family can provide a loving home to children who cannot for a variety of reasons, live with their families.
People from backgrounds in nursing, teaching or care professions have fantastic transferrable skills that they could use in fostering and many, like have found it to be their life's calling to provide a stable base in the lives of children in the care system.
If you have worked in either of these professions and have a spare room at home, you too have the potential to join our team.
Families of children with disabilities receive this support from Fostering Together:
- A dedicated Supervising Social Worker to supervise and support your family throughout your fostering career.
- Bespoke and tailored packages of support; including occasional day support and overnight respite, agreed depending of the needs of the children in your care.
- A highly motivated community of like-minded fostering families and regular support groups to discuss your experiences.
- Social get-togethers and fun days out.
- Specialist and high-quality training provided in line with your personalised development plan.
- Peer support from other experienced families.
- 24/7 on-call support.
- A friendly and experienced staff team.
- Free Membership to The Fostering Network for wider fostering community advice and support.
A career in fostering recognises you as a professional in children in care's lives and you can earn competitive allowances when providing foster care. Your fostering income may surprise you.
If you feel you'd like to make a transition to becoming a specialist foster carer, get in touch below and receive an informal call back from friendly member of the team.
Also... Ask to speak to our foster carers if you'd like to chat to Julie & Robin or other families in our network.